I’ll be posting more about this later. I couldn’t find anything on Mozilla’s site about changes they’ve made from 2 beta 1, so I’ll have to check it all out manually.
On the Mac, the default place that Thunderbird saves attachments is on the desktop, which can get messy pretty quickly if you get lots of attachments. You can easily change where Thunderbird saves attachments though, try this:
- Open Thunderbird
- Open Preferences
- On a Mac: go to Thunderbird > Preferences
- On Windows: go to Tools > Options
- Go to the Attachments tab
- Change the “Save all attachments to this folder” location by hitting the Browse button
- Pick a spot on your hard drive and hit the Choose button
- Now all your attachments should save to that new location from now on.